Spring Edible and Medicinal Plants Intensive – a 4-part series
There is a secret garden full of nutrition and medicine right in the native forests of your own backyard! Knowing how to harvest and prepare them is truly a gift to yourself and your family. Native wild plants are some of the most nutrient dense foods you can obtain, and best of all, they’re free!
This hands on experiential intensive is more advanced than our Spring Wild Edible Workshop and will follow Edible and Medicinal Plants of the Pacific Northwest Temperate Rainforest through the entire spring season as they make their appearance. By following the plants through the spring in four separate workshops, we are able to cover each plant more intimately, rather than trying to introduce everything in a single weekend.
You will go home with the working knowledge of:
- Plant Identification and basic botany
- How to ethically and safely Forage, Prepare and Eat wild plants for both everyday culinary use and wilderness survival
- an introduction to local Medicinal Plants as well as how to create Salves, Tinctures, Teas, Vinegars, Decoctions, and more!
- Curriculum covers Natural History, Ethnobotany, Lore, and Practical Application complete with Recipes and Pot Lucks.
Read an article this workshop inspired by one of our attendees: Organizations that help you recognize and appreciate a deeper connection to the natural world
Space is limited and this is a popular course!
When: 4-part Series
- March 31, 2019 – 10:00am – 4:00pm
- April 14, 2019 – 10:00am – 4:00pm
- May 19, 2019 – 10:00am – 4:00pm
- June 2, 2019 – 10:00am – 4:00pm
Where: North Kitsap Parks & Wilderness
Winter Sale: 25% ($221) January 1, 2019 through February 15, 2019 *
Spring Sale: 10% ($266) February 16, 2019 through March 30, 2019 *
Family & Friend Discounts:
Partner: 20% for each family member
- 1 friend – 10%
- 2 friends -15%
- 3 or more friends 20%
*Winter and Spring Sales may not be combined with Family & Friend Discounts