WildWise School of Outdoor Adventure (WWSOA) takes the privacy of its website users very seriously.
Information sharing and disclosure:
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated organizations except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to regional/national institutions and authorities, unless required by law or other regulations.
We may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our web site.
Privacy support and contact information:
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us through our web contact page.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Cookies in Use on This Site:
Our cookies help us:
– Make our website work as you’d expect
– Save you having to login every time you visit the site
– Remember your settings during and between visits
– Improve the speed/security of the site
– Personalisz our site to you to help you get what you need faster
– Continuously improve our website for you
– Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
– Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
– Pass data to advertising networks
– Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
More about our Cookies:
– Determining if you are logged in or not
– Remembering your search settings
– Showing you which pages you have recently visited
– Allowing you to add comments to our site
– Tailoring content to your needs
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies:
Turning Cookies Off:
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website. Cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that your concerns about cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
By using this option, PayPal and WWSOA may be storing personal data or sharing data with an external service.
Email list signups managed by MailChimp through checkout:
When shopping, we keep a record of your email and the cart contents for up to 30 days on our server. This record is kept to repopulate the contents of your cart if you switch devices or needed to come back another day.
Who on our team has access:
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Policy Update Change Log:
- November 11, 2019
- Added Policy Update Change Log section
- Added PayPal Checkout section
- Added MailChimp section
- Addde team access section
- Updated what we collect and store section
- May 4, 2018
- Published policies