Adventure Scouts is an afterschool program that takes place on Wednesdays from approximately 3-6, and is an ongoing development program for young boys and girls to learn Wilderness Survival and Awareness, Folk Skills and Lore, Swordsmanship, Performance Art and Natural History using mythical play, story and Educational Live Action Role Play (EduLARP) to make learning valuable skills exciting.
You should apply if you qualify for most of the following, and are willing to learn some:
- You have a deep care for the earth and a love for nature, the environment, education, the outdoors, and sharing this love with others.
- You are passionate about working with Children
- You have diverse skill sets such as wilderness survival and bushcraft, farm craft and homesteading, archery, natural history, or outdoor/environmental education. Or more!
- You are familiar with LARPing (Live Action Role Play), or table top quest gaming and can translate to running around in the forest.
- You are patient, hard working, flexible, able to react well under pressure, think on your feet, have good risk assessment skills, are creative, and work well with a team.
- You must be able and willing to become a button witch or a goblin or a fairy.
- You enjoy lore, folk wisdom, and storytelling
- You maintain high professional standards and are able to set and communicate boundaries to youth in a positive way
- You are familiar with and have experience in Coyote Mentoring
- You have at minimum your first aid, CPR, and rescue breathing certification. We favor Wilderness First Aid Certification.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org