Nature Quest is a five day a week program during the school year from 8:30 to 1:30. WildWise NatureQuest is a youth naturalist and bushcraft program. Kids explore the forests of Kitsap County Parks or engage in Crofter skills and Archery at the WildWise Campus in Kingston. NatureQuest fosters a child’s intimate connection with the natural world while developing personal and social skills among peers and mentors, guiding them along their journey as a WildChild. Integrating EduLARPing through StoryQuests℠, WildWise holds space for a child’s natural sense of wonder to guide naturalist, bushcraft, and crofter skills.
You should apply if you have most of the following qualifications and are willing to learn some of them:
- You have a deep care for the earth and a love for nature, the environment, education, the outdoors, and sharing this love with others.
- You are 18 or over
- You are passionate about working with Children
- You have diverse skill sets such as wilderness survival and bushcraft, farm craft and homesteading, archery, natural history, or outdoor/environmental education. Or more!
- You are familiar with LARPing (Live Action Role Play), or table top quest gaming and can translate to running around in the forest.
- You are patient, hard working, flexible, able to react well under pressure, think on your feet, have good risk assessment skills, are creative, and work well with a team.
- You must be able and willing to become a button witch or a goblin or a fairy.
- You enjoy lore, folk wisdom, and storytelling
- You maintain high professional standards and are able to set and communicate boundaries to youth in a positive way
- You are familiar with and have experience in Coyote Mentoring
- You have at minimum your first aid, CPR, and rescue breathing certification. We favor Wilderness First Aid Certification.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com