A 7-8 session course designed to support youth ages 10-18 in developing a healthy relationship with their sexuality, including finding their values and their yeses and nos in navigating intimacy.
Program Enrollment Full! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there are any possible openings.
This offering is a 7-8 session course designed to support youth of all genders ages 10-18 in developing a healthy relationship with their sexuality, including finding their values and their yeses and nos in navigating intimacy. We engage with a whole-person focus– spirit, body, emotion and mind– through activities, teachings, reflection, affirmation and nature connection. This course provides a platform for the youth and their parents/ guardians to have conversations around healthy sexuality.
Most sessions are designed to be 1.5 hours long, except the first and last which are 2-3 hours long. Parents, guardians, and/or mentors are encouraged to join the first and last sessions.
Session 1: Introducing the 5 Aspects of Sexuality
- Setting the container
- Holistic Sexuality Introduction
Session 2: Our Values & Spiritual Intelligence
- Topics: What are Values? Whose and what values influence how we see sexuality? What are my values around sexuality, mine and others?
Session 3: Bodily Intelligence
- Topics: Amazing Reproductive Systems; Puberty/Hormones, Cycles:Menstruation and Pregnancy; Pleasure; Sexual Acts; STI’s
Session 4: Emotional Intelligence
- Topics: Love, Attraction, Fear, Shame, & Pain
Session 5: Relationship Intelligence
- Topics: Body Image; Gender Roles, Gender Identity, Gender Expression
Session 6: Deep Connection
- Topics: Consent and Intimacy, Healthy and Unhealthy Communication and Relationships
Session 7: The “Clopening”
- Incorporating and celebrating our learnings
This curriculum sets the path for our youth, and everyone, to live in their authentic truth through times of transition by cultivating deep knowledge of the whole Self– sexuality included!– within a community.
Young people today have access to so much information at their fingertips. It is crucial to their healthy development that they receive truthful information about sex and have safe places and adults to talk with. This work is founded upon the belief that sexuality is a natural, beautiful and primary aspect of every person, and that education is a vital preventative medicine to future traumas.