Now seeking energetic and excited individuals who are passionate about working in a beautiful outdoor setting with kids 4-13 years. With staff support, Mentors will work with children providing environmental education experiences, adventure, and camp activities that are age-appropriate and fit the theme of the week.
WildWise is the premier EduLARP school in the country, using creative outdoor education along with coyote mentoring, WildWise summer camps are rooted in epic quests, authentic traditional skills and wilderness awareness. Summer Camps are a great way to meet our organization, and for us to get to know you! We are more likely, but not always, to pick staff for our year round programs if you have worked a summer camp and have shown us that you have what it takes to be part of our team.
You Should Apply if: You have or are willing to learn
- A deep care for the earth and a love for nature, the environment, education, the outdoors, and sharing this love with others.
- You are passionate about working with Children
- You are 18 or over
- You have diverse skill sets such as wilderness survival and bushcraft, traditional skills, farm craft and homesteading, archery, natural history, or outdoor/environmental education. Or more!
- You are familiar with LARPing (Live Action Role Play), or table top quest gaming and can translate that to running around in the forest.
- You are patient, hard working, flexible, able to react well under pressure, think on your feet, have good risk assessment skills, are creative, and work well with a team.
- You must be able and willing to become a button witch or a goblin or a fairy.
- You enjoy lore, folk wisdom, and storytelling
- You maintain high professional standards and are able to set and communicate boundaries to youth in a positive way
- Coyote Mentoring preferred
- You can attend staff training June 17th and 18th
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org