Waiver & Release
For all applicants/participants, and parents or legal guardians of minor applicant/participants:
In consideration for being allowed to participate in the programs offered by WILD WISE the person(s) signing below agree(s) to the following WAIVER AND RELEASE. In the case of applicants/participants who are children under the age of 18, (a) the adult signing below confirms that s/t/he/y is the parent or legal guardian of the above-named child, and (b) the electronic signature of the child applicant/participant’s parent or guardian, is required. I and/or my children/wards have my permission to participate in all sessions and field trip activities offered by WILD WISE. In case of emergency, I hereby request and authorize any physician, hospital and health care provider to provide medical treatment promptly for me and/or my children/wards, whether or not I may be contacted and informed. To my knowledge the applicant/participant is in good physical and mental health, and knows of no reason why the applicant/participant cannot participate in all activities offered to him or her. THE UNDERSIGNED IS AWARE THAT SUCH PROGRAMS COULD INCLUDE HAZARDOUS ACTIVITY, AND THAT THE APPLICANT/PARTICIPANT COULD BE SERIOUSLY INJURED OR EVEN KILLED. BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER THE UNDERSIGNED AGREES TO ASSUME THE FULL RISK OF INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING IN ANY MANNER FROM APPLICANT/PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN WILD WISE PROGRAMS.
In consideration of WILD WISE’ agreement to allow applicant/participant to participate in WILD WISE programs, the undersigned, on behalf of applicant/participant and his or her heirs and assigns, hereby releases, waives, indemnifies and discharges WILD WISE and all of its instructors, employees, officers, directors, agents, sponsors and volunteers (collectively, “Releases”) from any and all actions, claims, or demands that applicant/participant and his or her assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and/or legal representatives now have, or may have in the future, for injury, disability, death, or property damage, whether arising from the negligence of Releasees or otherwise, related to (a) participation in WILD WISE activities, (b) the negligence or other acts, whether directly connected to these activities or not, and however caused, by any Release, or (c) the condition of the premises where these activities occur, whether or not applicant/participant is then participating in the activities.
ABOUT PHOTOS WILD WISE has the right to use applicant/participant drawings, journal excerpts, videos, photos and any media taken of applicant for promotional purposes for itself and affiliates.
I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE PROGRAM DETAILS, AND THE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS FOR PARTICIPATION IN WILD WISE PROGRAMS ABOVE.
- I understand that this program takes place entirely outside in all weather conditions that are deemed safe by the National Weather Service and State and Federal Departments of Emergency Management, City, County, State, and Federal Parks Services and that my child may get wet, dirty, hot or cold.
- I understand that my child must meet the age requirements for the program they are registered for.
- I understand that this is a drop off program and that adult attendance within youth programs is not permitted except upon invitation by Director staff.
- I understand that I will be put on the email list and alerted of information.
- I understand that I will be expected to send my child with appropriate clothing for the weather and required gear given in the checklist in the welcome letter.
- I understand that WildWise is dedicated to safety and respect. WildWise reserves the right to suspend or expel any participant from the program who poses a threat. Threats may include:
- Endangering the well-being of themselves or others
- Swearing or verbal abuse of mentors or participants
- Stealing or destruction of property
- General disregard for Mentors, Volunteers, or program regulations
- Acting aggressively toward others
- Engaging in inappropriate behavior(s) (sex, drug or alcohol use, etc.)
- I understand that WildWise School programs teach participants to be Aware, learn Self-Management, Reverence and Respect, Gratitude, Confidence, Integrity, Cooperation, and that we expect participants to not just learn outdoor skills while having fun, but to learn to be decent and upstanding human beings. WildWise mentors will not coddle children participants, but will communicate our expectations and value system in a compassionate, empathic, and at times stern and no-nonsense way. We, as mentors commit to bringing our authentic selves, love of nature, and desire to share and teach to do our part to bring youth into adulthood with a solid sense of connection to Self, the Natural World, Family, and Community.